All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Researchers find high-risk genes for schizophrenia
- Overlooked molecular machine in cell nucleus may hold key to treating aggressive leukemia
- How slippery surfaces allow sticky pastes and gels to slide
- With abdominal etching, plastic surgeons help patients get 'six-pack abs'
- No increase in complications with 'tummy tuck' in obese patients
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Most Tech Today Would be Frivolous to Ancient Scientists - Facts So Romantic
- When Beauty Gets in the Way of Science - Issue 71: Flow
- Why Europa Is the Place to Go for Alien Life - Issue 71: Flow
- How Does Turbulence Get Started? - Issue 71: Flow
- Taking Another Person’s Perspective Doesn’t Help You Understand Them - Facts So Romantic
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Urban Exposome: The Modern World Has Great Air Quality But You'd Never Know It Reading Environmental Health Perspectives
- Power Beaming To Venus, Thermal Mining On Solar Bodies And 16 Other Revolutionary Tech Ideas Funded By NASA
- Anomaly Detection: Unsupervised Learning For New Physics Searches
- Get Rid Of ‘Innovation Ecosystems’
- Earth Day Tequila: Toxic Carcinogen Maker Casa Herradura Is The Way To Go
- Tristan Harris: Tech Is ‘Downgrading Humans.’ It’s Time to Fight Back
- Don't Praise the Sri Lankan Government for Blocking Facebook
- From Sketch Comedy to BDSM, Netflix Burrows Into Every Niche It Can Find
- Women's Homicidal Rage Is All Over TV—and It's Funny
- The Physics of a Bolt Smashing a Watermelon (or Your Brain)
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.