All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Highlighting social identity and peer group norms can increase water conservation
- New drug combination shows promise for common pediatric brain tumor
- Energy stealthily hitches ride in global trade
- Breast ultrasound and cancer detection rates increased under new laws
- First of its kind statistics on pregnant women in US prisons
- Dynamic hydrogel used to make 'soft robot' components and LEGO-like building blocks
- Engineers demonstrate metamaterials that can solve equations
- Hundreds of bubble streams link biology, seismology off Washington's coast
- In a new quantum simulator, light behaves like a magnet
- Physicists reveal why matter dominates our universe
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- The inventors of insulin sold their patent for a buck. Why is it so expensive?
- Dead bodies are emerging from Mount Everest's melting glaciers
- Eye-popping 'maximalist' tiny house suggests that 'more is more'
- The world water crisis by the numbers
- Forests are easy to love: how to show it for the International Day of Forests
- Survey Claims Vaping Has Already Caused Heart Disease, But There's A Big Catch
- Quantum Chess!
- Marijuana Became Legal In Washington State, And Became Less Cool To Teens
- Kahweol Acetate, Cafestol In Coffee May Inhibit Prostate Cancer
- Medical Societies Have Alarming Government Influence And Are Often Biased Toward Themselves
- Your Facebook Password Isn’t Safe. Neither Is Your Android Phone
- Tesla Sues Zoox Over Manufacturing and Logistics Secrets
- TypeScript’s Quiet, Steady Rise Among Programming Languages
- Finally! A DNA Computer That Can Actually Be Reprogrammed
- Facebook Stored Millions of Passwords in Plaintext—Change Yours Now
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.