All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Fat is sooo good and science can't do a dang thing about it
- The Labo STEM toy is Nintendo's latest bit of creative weirdness
- In photos: updating New York's vast and fragile telecom backbone
- We're getting better at screening for cancer, and that could be a problem
- Canaries in the coal emissions: why climate change makes birds change their tune
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- What Makes the Hardest Equations in Physics So Difficult? - Facts So Romantic
- Antonio Damasio Tells Us Why Pain Is Necessary - Issue 56: Perspective
- Why Your Biology Runs on Feelings - Issue 56: Perspective
- What Does Any of This Have To Do with Physics? - Issue 56: Perspective
- How My Ecstasy Trip Turned Into a Rare Anxiety Disorder - Facts So Romantic
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Accelerating Dark Matter Searches With Machine Learning
- On The Qualifications Of Peer Reviewers For Scientific Papers
- 'Two Brothers' Mummies - DNA Shows They Actually Are
- Sugary Drink Consumption Has Declined While Obesity Has Gone Up
- The Global Age Of The Algorithm Manifested In Communist China's Dystopian Social Credit System
- Why This Quantum-Encrypted Video Hangout Is a Big Deal
- Facebook's Latest Fix for Fake News: Ask Users What They Trust
- We Put The Entire Internet On The Blockchain—and You Can Too
- Newark's Amazon HQ2 Bid Reveals What's at Stake For Every Finalist City
- The Magnetohydrodynamic Drive Is Real—and You Can Build One
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.