All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Small changes to organ procurement system could lead to more life-saving transplants
- Archaeological research on social inequality published
- Like a baby: The vicious cycle of childhood obesity and snoring
- Flu vaccine prevents hospitalization in children, study shows
- A photosynthetic organism's 'Water World'
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- You should totally watch this entire day of the IJE conference
- <a href="/story/beating-ebola-sleeping-sickness-guinea-tropical-medicine">If we can beat Ebola, why not sleeping sickness too?</a>
- <a href="/story/sleep-narcolepsy-drug-insomnia">Why we still don’t understand sleep, and why it matters</a>
- <a href="/story/-synaesthesia-blind-seeing-colours-synasthesia">My sudden synaesthesia: how I went blind and started hearing colours</a>
- <a href="/story/mercury-poisoning-minamata-disaster-environment">Something in the water: life after mercury poisoning</a>
- <a href="/story/contraception-abortion-pregnancy-womens-rights-US-India">Abortion, contraception, pregnancy: how women’s bodies became a battlezone</a>
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- The perfect pedestrian: How to make the world safe for Motocracy
- Renovation in Tokyo creates a house for four generations
- 3-wheeled electric Velocipedo vehicle offers 93-mile range & 4 hour charge time
- Digital artist creates "visual sounds" from Amazonian birdsongs (Video)
- 3D-printed human skin models will help end animal testing
- Why We Are Safe From A ‘Black Star’ Behind The Sun On Sunday - It's Fake News & Fantasy
- My Interview On Physics Today
- Will Position-Specific Football Helmets Reduce NFL Concussions?
- When The Missionaries Of Neoliberal Economics Knock, Bar The Door
- The Sad State Of Entrepreneurship In America: What Educators Can Do About It
- Drone Gift Guide: 9 Choices From DJI, GoPro, Yuneec, and Parrot
- The Pentagon Left Data Exposed in the Cloud
- 'Channel Zero' Is Smarter and More Subversive Than 'Stranger Things'
- NASA's Next Generation JPSS Satellite Will Scan for Storms Like Never Before
- Self-Driving Car Tech Can Help Another Form of Transport: Wheelchairs
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.