All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Mission to Jupiter's icy moon confirmed
- A single gene determines whether a fly has a good sense of sight or a good sense of smell
- Genes tell the story of how the Asian tiger mosquito spread
- Lasers enable engineers to weld ceramics, no furnace required
- Memory T cells shelter in bone marrow, boosting immunity in mice with restricted diets
- Storms on Jupiter are disturbing the planet's colorful belts
- Materials scientists build a synthetic system with compartments like real cells
- Scorpion toxin that targets 'wasabi receptor' may help solve mystery of chronic pain
- High-precision technique stores cellular 'memory' in DNA
- New light on contested identity of medieval skeleton found at Prague Castle
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Cervical Cancer Is Not The Most Common Thing The HPV Vaccine Prevents, That's Oropharyngeal Cancer
- Perfect Day Sold Out Of Its GMO Cell-Based Ice Cream In Hours - At $20 A Pint
- Randy Constant, The Farmer Behind The Largest Known Organic Fraud in U.S. History, Has Committed Suicide
- Australian Men Have The Highest Lagged Cohort Life Expectancy
- Omega-3 Fats Won't Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.