All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Smart devices should space out vibrations to maximize user alert benefits
- Citizen scientists spot closest young brown dwarf disk yet
- Reflecting sunlight to cool the planet will cause other global changes
- Exotic nanotubes move in less-mysterious ways
- 'A litmus paper for CO2:' Scientists develop paper-based sensors for carbon dioxide
- These flexible feet help robots walk faster
- Large simulation finds new origin of supermassive black holes
- Why asteroids Bennu and Ryugu have their signature 'spinning-top' shapes
- Class of stellar explosions found to be galactic producers of lithium
- New study provides maps, ice favorability index to companies looking to mine the moon
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Snapshot of a Super Sucker
- George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery Deaths: The Everyday Health Harms of Racism
- From the Crew Dragon to Mars: Cady Coleman on NASA's Path Forward
- In Historic First, SpaceX Successfully Launches NASA Astronauts Into Space
- How Much Color Do We Really See?
- The U.S. Return to Flight: Perspective from NASA Astronaut Nicole Stott
- Can This Cheap, DIY Air Pollution Sensor Help the World Get Clean Air?
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.