All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- 'Stepped' treatment reduces drinking in patients with HIV
- Button batteries can rapidly damage stomach lining before symptoms appear
- Electric field-based dressing helps heal wound infections
- Clinical trial improves treatment of genetic rickets
- How a member of a family of light-sensitive proteins adjusts skin color
- Wearable cooling and heating patch could serve as personal thermostat and save energy
- Sedimentary, my dear Johnson: Is NASA looking at the wrong rocks for clues to Martian life?
- Toy transformers and real-life whales inspire biohybrid robot
- Owning a dog is influenced by our genetic make-up
- Researchers create washable sensor that can be woven into materials
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- What Ancient Romans Used Instead of Toilet Paper - Facts So Romantic
- The Deepest Uncertainty - Issue 72: Quandary
- Yes, Determinists, There Is Free Will - Issue 72: Quandary
- Evolution Is Really Not That Into Sex - Issue 72: Quandary
- The English Word That Hasn’t Changed in Sound or Meaning in 8,000 Years - Facts So Romantic
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- You Are What You Vote - Here's How Your Demographics Influence That
- It Is Rocket Science: Here's How We Could Move Our Planet
- Call For Articles: Ultraprocessed Food, Surfactants, and Claims About Endocrine Disruption Leaping Generations
- The Voynich Manuscript Has Been Decoded. Again. Except It Hasn't.
- The Dark Side Of 'Clean Eating': Obsession, Compulsion, And Poor Body Image
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.