All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Inherited IQ can increase in early childhood
- New Eocene fossil data suggest climate models may underestimate future polar warming
- Scientists discover 'Legos of life'
- New neuron-like cells allow investigation into synthesis of vital cellular components
- Big energy savings: Building the world's smallest electro-optic modulator
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Why Did a Billionaire Give $75 Million to a Philosophy Department? - Facts So Romantic
- What Makes the Hardest Equations in Physics So Difficult? - Facts So Romantic
- Why Your Biology Runs on Feelings - Issue 56: Perspective
- Antonio Damasio Tells Us Why Pain Is Necessary - Issue 56: Perspective
- What Does Any of This Have To Do with Physics? - Issue 56: Perspective
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Elon Musk's Boring Company Wants to Dig a 6.5-Mile Tunnel Under LA
- Under Armour's Olympic Speed Skating Suit Looks to Defeat Physics
- How Engineering Earth’s Climate Could Seriously Imperil Life
- The Tortured Deep-Focus Faces of Tournament Chess Players
- Ralph Lauren's Olympic Jacket Uses Heat-Conducting Ink
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.