All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Fossilized wing gives clues about Labrador's biodiversity during the Cretaceous
- Why do whales migrate? They return to the tropics to shed their skin
- Frozen bird turns out to be 46,000-year-old horned lark
- For 'blade runners' taller doesn't necessarily mean faster
- Bumble bees can experience an object using one sense and later recognize it using another
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Why Doesn’t Everybody Have Dark Skin Today? - Issue 81: Maps
- What Really Inflamed the Coronavirus Epidemic - Issue 81: Maps
- There’s No Homunculus In Our Brain Who Guides Us - Issue 81: Maps
- Color-Changing Material Unites the Math and Physics of Knots - Facts So Romantic
- Why We Love to Be Grossed Out - Facts So Romantic
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Merge: Did Human Language Evolve Due To A Mutation?
- If You Want People To Read Your Science, Get Them To Read You - By Making Your Stories Personal
- What Endangered Means To Scientists And What It Means To Environmental Lawyers Are Much Different Things
- Meanwhile in Florida, The Annual Lake Hollingsworth Snake Orgy Is Happening
- When The Blue Pill Causes Red Green Color Blindness
- African Killfish Can Put Aging on Pause. Do They Hold the Secrets of Longevity?
- How Cold Is It in Outer Space?
- Could Alien Life Travel on Interstellar Asteroids and Comets like 'Oumuamua?
- Air Quality is Worse in African American Neighborhoods. This Community is Fighting Pollution with Data
- Like Humans, Bumblebees Can Recognize Objects Through Touch
- Cleaning Fumes Linger a Long Time in Your Home — and Cracking a Window Doesn’t Help
- Shiver Yourself Thin: Can Being Cold Help You Lose Weight?
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.