All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Important insight on the brain-body connection
- Investigators incorporate randomized trial within dialysis care delivery
- BRB-seq: The quick and cheaper future of RNA sequencing
- Brain wiring differences identified in children with conduct disorder
- How the hepatitis B virus establishes persistent infection
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Why Europa Is the Place to Go for Alien Life - Issue 71: Flow
- How Does Turbulence Get Started? - Issue 71: Flow
- When Beauty Gets in the Way of Science - Issue 71: Flow
- Taking Another Person’s Perspective Doesn’t Help You Understand Them - Facts So Romantic
- Viruses Have a Secret, Altruistic Social Life - Facts So Romantic
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Off-grid 'micro-refuge' re-interprets the classic A-frame cabin
- Are you throwing out the best part of your citrus fruits?
- People for Bikes introduces Ride Spot, a social network for sharing routes
- What's the most eco-friendly chocolate to buy for Easter?
- Australian study finds gas stoves increase rate of childhood asthma
- What Is A Normal Testosterone Level? The Answer Is Difficult
- Julian Assange Is Not A Journalist, So Journalists Should Not Make Him A Fourth Estate Martyr
- Godly Kings: How War, Politics And Propaganda Helped Bring Down The Mayans
- When It Comes To Marijuana, Women Are More Conservative Than Men
- Farmstand: A Celebrity-Backed Bong The Size Of A Phone Booth That Grows Superfoods For Rich Elites
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.