All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Using sponges to wipe out cancer
- US modelling study estimates impact of school closures for COVID-19 on US health-care workforce and associated mortality
- Deep-sea worms and bacteria team up to harvest methane
- How important is speech in transmitting coronavirus?
- New temperature sensing mechanism in plants
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- It’s the End of the World and This Physicist Feels Fine - Facts So Romantic
- Let’s Talk About Our Health Anxiety Over COVID-19 - Issue 84: Outbreak
- Pandemics Are the Dark Side of Global Mobility - Issue 84: Outbreak
- How COVID-19 Picks on the Weakened - Issue 84: Outbreak
- Be Wary of a Model That Shows a Decline in COVID-19 Deaths - Facts So Romantic
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- What Is Contact Tracing And Why Is It So Effective At Stopping COVID-19?
- Game Theory May Predict How To Reduce Panic Buying
- WHO Says Physical Distancing For COVID-19 Only Buys Time, Contact Tracing Is How To CRUSH This Virus And Win
- Free Trade Has Created Greater Food System Sustainability - Lack Of Farmers Puts Wealthy Countries At Risk
- UK's Isolation Period Of 7 Days For COVID-19 Is Too Short - WHO Advises Isolation To 14 Days After Symptoms Resolve
- What Killed the Dinosaurs?
- Much of Your Daily Life Depends on Discoveries Made by Astronomers
- Disgust Evolved To Protect Us From Disease. Is It Working?
- Room Temperature Superconductivity 'Breakthrough' and Other Stories
- Best Evidence Yet for Midsized Black Holes Found by Hubble
- Coronaviruses Often Start in Animals — Here’s How Those Diseases Can Jump to Humans
- What Science Says About the Potential Health Benefits of Kombucha
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.