All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Detecting bacteria in space
- Examining ethical issues surrounding wearable brain devices marketed to consumers
- How augmented reality affects people's behavior
- With a hop, a skip and a jump, high-flying robot leaps through obstacles with ease
- Flamingoes, elephants and sharks: How do blind adults learn about animal appearance?
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- The Problem with Using the Term “Fake News” in Medicine - Facts So Romantic
- What Ancient Romans Used Instead of Toilet Paper - Facts So Romantic
- Yes, Determinists, There Is Free Will - Issue 72: Quandary
- The Deepest Uncertainty - Issue 72: Quandary
- Evolution Is Really Not That Into Sex - Issue 72: Quandary
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Fur Color Identified In 3 Million Year Old Mouse
- Probability Abuse: Why P-Values And Statistical Significance Are So Often Misunderstood
- You Are What You Vote - Here's How Your Demographics Influence That
- It Is Rocket Science: Here's How We Could Move Our Planet
- Call For Articles: Ultraprocessed Food, Surfactants, and Claims About Endocrine Disruption Leaping Generations
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.