Welcome to the blog, tell me what you would like to see on it.
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work valentines day video
- See and sort: Developing novel techniques to visualize uncultured microbial cell activity
- Hubble reveals stellar fireworks in 'skyrocket' galaxy
- Early bird wings preserved in Burmese amber
- Engineers to use cyborg insects as biorobotic sensing machines
- Pipelines affect health, fitness of salmon, study finds
- U.S., Canada, and Mexico to Set 50 Percent Renewable Power Goal by 2025
- Abandoned Coal Mines Emit As Much CO2 as a Small Power Plant
- Can Virtual Reality Emerge As a Tool for Conservation?
- Cities on Six Continents Join Forces to Combat Climate Change
- Unable to Endure Rising Seas, Alaskan Villages Stuck in Limbo
- Ban academics from talking to ministers? We should train them to do it!
- So this company Cyagen is paying authors for citations in academic papers.
- Fixing flaws in science must be professionalised. By me in the Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.
- New BMJ editorial: “How Medicine is Broken, and How We Can Fix It”
- Two interviews on withheld trials, NPR and ABC
- <a href="/story/how-mafia-causing-cancer">How the mafia is causing cancer</a>
- <a href="/story/surviving-troubled-childhood-resilience-neglect-adversity">“I saw things children shouldn’t see” – surviving a troubled childhood</a>
- <a href="/story/highly-sensitive-people-sensory-processing-disorders">Why are so many of us over-sensitive?</a>
- <a href="/story/kids-tablets-ipads-screens-digg">Smartphones won’t make your kids dumb. We think.</a>
- <a href="/story/los-smartphones-no-van-volver-idiotas-tus-hijos-o-al-menos-eso-pensamos">Los smartphones no van a volver idiotas a tus hijos. O al menos eso pensamos.</a>
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Photo: Mealtime for the red-winged blackbirds
- Man converts Prius into full-time home, calls it #HotelPrius (Video)
- What Brexit might mean for climate, energy, pollution and yes, light bulbs
- Shipping container pavilion lets it all hang out
- Hey Silicon Valley nerds designing the city of the future: Here are some ideas
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.