Welcome to the blog, tell me what you would like to see on it.
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics eye fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work valentines day video
- Light alcohol consumption in older people increases episodic memory and hippocampal brain volume
- When was the last 17 year long hiatus (pause) in global warming? [Greg Laden's Blog]
- STEM & GEMS: Stephanie Thompson Swims With Sharks
- U.S. Plans 21-Day Watch of Travelers From Ebola-Hit Nations
- Removing the salt from fracking
- Immersed in violence: How 3-D gaming affects video game players
- Predicting the predator threatening a squirrel by analyzing its sounds and tail movements
- Kung fu stegosaur: Lethal fighters when necessary
- Beyond LOL cats, social networks could become trove of biodiversity data
- BOFFFFs (big, old, fat, fertile, female fish) sustain fisheries
- In East Coast Marshes, Goats Take On a Notorious Invader
- Arid and Mediterranean Ecosystems Seem More Resistant to Drought than Expected
- Electricity Access Has Small Effect on Emissions in India, Study Says
- Drive to Mine the Deep Sea Raises Concerns Over Impacts
- Pesticide Linked to Bee Deaths Does Not Improve Soybean Crops, EPA Finds
- Weirdly long and fun Absolute FM radio interview
- I totally just touched my new book: Collected Journalism, out next week!
- Teaching science with bad science: resources for teachers
- What statins tell us about the mess in evidence based medicine
- Statins have no side effects? What our study really found, its fixable flaws, and why trials transparency matters (again).
- Caw vs. Kraa: meaning in the calls of crows and ravens | @GrrlScientist
- New books party: Books that arrived recently | @GrrlScientist
- Nick and Teslas Super-Cyborg Gadget Glove | book review | @GrrlScientist
- New Books Party: books received this week | @GrrlScientist
- Royal Society 2014 Winton Prize for Science Books shortlist announced | @GrrlScientist
- Mark Zuckerberg Speaks Mandarin, Blows Everyone’s Mind
- China Smartphone Maker Xiaomi Vows to Move Online Services Overseas
- Our First Look at Android Lollipop and the New Nexus Devices
- The Urban Bike You Fold Up With a Kick of Your Leg
- Apple Pay and the Mobile Wallet Tipping Point: It Will Come Down to the Retail Experience
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Visit 1:1 Laptop Schools
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.