All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- This entourage of weirdos hangs out in Earth's cosmic neighborhood
- Adobe is training AI to be a better photo and video editor than you
- When you get a stitch in your side, what's really going on?
- You can now navigate Windows 10 by walking around a virtual mansion
- Your memories are less accurate than you think
- Prozac in ocean water a possible threat to sea life
- NASA's MAVEN mission finds Mars has a twisted magnetic tail
- The blob that ate the tokamak: Physicists gain understanding of bubbles at edge of plasmas
- Using optical chaos to control the momentum of light
- Studying insect behavior? Make yourself an ethoscope!
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- You should totally watch this entire day of the IJE conference
- <a href="/story/-synaesthesia-blind-seeing-colours-synasthesia">My sudden synaesthesia: how I went blind and started hearing colours</a>
- <a href="/story/mercury-poisoning-minamata-disaster-environment">Something in the water: life after mercury poisoning</a>
- <a href="/story/contraception-abortion-pregnancy-womens-rights-US-India">Abortion, contraception, pregnancy: how women’s bodies became a battlezone</a>
- <a href="/story/skin-lightening-whitening-India">Skin lightening: the dangerous obsession that’s worth billions</a>
- <a href="/story/sex-workers-hiv-Africa-Mozambique">The sex workers who are stopping HIV</a>
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- What Is Statistical Significance?
- What You Need To Know About The 2017 NAS Report On Endocrine Active Chemicals And Low-dose Effects
- Is Chris Portier The Andrew Wakefield Of Pesticides?
- Merging Neutron Stars: Why It's A Breakthrough, And Why You Should Stand Your Ground
- BPA – Nothing New Under The Sun?
- Harlan Ellison Is Sci-Fi's Most Controversial Figure
- Russian Spies Rush to Exploit the Latest Flash Zero Day and More Security News This Week
- Captains of Finance Dismiss Bitcoin at Their Peril
- Space Photos of the Week: 130 Million Light Years Away, Two Neutron Stars Collide
- A Viral Game About Paperclips Teaches You to Be a World-Killing AI
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.