Welcome to the blog, tell me what you would like to see on it.
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work valentines day video
- Scientists Find New Way To Convert Carbon Dioxide into Energy
- Science in the Wild: The Legacy Of the U.S. National Park System
- How Elephant Seals Are Helping Scientists Study Climate Change
- Study Shows Humans Learning To Use Natural Resources More Efficiently
- For China’s Massive Data Centers, A Push to Cut Energy and Water Use
- Ban academics from talking to ministers? We should train them to do it!
- So this company Cyagen is paying authors for citations in academic papers.
- Fixing flaws in science must be professionalised. By me in the Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.
- New BMJ editorial: “How Medicine is Broken, and How We Can Fix It”
- Two interviews on withheld trials, NPR and ABC
- <a href="/story/comedy-humour-jokes-political-satire-taboo">A serious business: what can comedy do?</a>
- <a href="/story/love-hope-leprosy-film-video-hendala-sri-lanka-ross-velton">Love, hope and leprosy (video)</a>
- <a href="/bilingual-brains">Why being bilingual helps keep your brain fit</a>
- <a href="/story/watchful-waiting-active-surveillance">The do-nothing dilemma</a>
- <a href="/story/cleaning-herbal-healers">Cleaning up the herbal healers</a>
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Happy 25th birthday, Linux!
- Sage Project turns food data into personalized interactive food labels for the 21st century
- Photo: A photo of Yellowstone to celebrate 100 years of national parks
- These 70-year old sea snake hunters are supernaturally fearless (video)
- Celebrate Våffeldagen, or waffle day, with another look at yummy waffle slabs
- Your Coffee Habits May Be Written In Your DNA
- Smokers With Newly Discovered Genetic Markers Have Higher Lung Cancer Risk
- Are Hurricanes Worse Than Decades Ago? Gender And Politics Impact What People Believe
- Going Green Is For Girls -- But Branding Can Make Men Eco-friendly
- Virtual Peer Pressure Works Just As Well As The Real Thing
- The Science of Waiting … and Waiting … for Your Page to Load
- A Hacking Group Is Selling iPhone Spyware to Governments
- The Flying Bum Just Crashed—So Why Are We Building Airships?
- The Hague Convicts a Tomb-Destroying Extremist With Smart Design
- Area Filmmaker Not So Thrilled Trump Used His Footage in an Ad
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.