All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Mistletoe and (a large) wine: Seven-fold increase in wine glass size over 300 years
- Alleviating complications of babies born smaller: Is a growth factor injection the answer?
- Healthy eating linked to kids' happiness
- Scientists call for improved technologies to save imperiled California salmon
- Microbes help turn Greek yogurt waste into fuel
- Micro-grippers may be able to navigate unstructured environments
- Electricity, eel-style: Soft power cells could run tomorrow's implantables
- Spanning disciplines in the search for life beyond Earth
- Mars mission sheds light on habitability of distant planets
- Giant storms cause palpitations in Saturn's atmospheric heartbeat
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- The Creator of Vsauce Wants Us to Stop Underestimating People’s Intelligence - Facts So Romantic
- The Hidden Link Between Morality and Language - Facts So Romantic
- Why Smelling the Opposite Sex Can Age You - Facts So Romantic
- Collective Intelligence Will End Identity-based Politics - Facts So Romantic
- Why Garbage Science Gets Published - Issue 55: Trust
- <a href="/story/whos-control-when-youre-giving-birth">Who’s in control when you’re giving birth?</a>
- <a href="/story/how-save-rainforest-build-health-centre">How to save the rainforest: build a health centre</a>
- <a href="/story/beating-ebola-sleeping-sickness-guinea-tropical-medicine">If we can beat Ebola, why not sleeping sickness too?</a>
- <a href="/story/sleep-narcolepsy-drug-insomnia">Why we still don’t understand sleep, and why it matters</a>
- <a href="/story/-synaesthesia-blind-seeing-colours-synasthesia">My sudden synaesthesia: how I went blind and started hearing colours</a>
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- The Supreme Court Could Make The Endangered Species Act The Most Powerful Law In America - By Doing Nothing
- Alpha Zero Teaches Itself Chess 4 Hours, Then Beats Dad
- Does Your Brain Naturally Feel God? Temp Lobe Feel Of Person Presence & Evolved Religion
- Threat Via Emoji - The Law Does Not Consider Them A Joke
- Predicting How Plant Species Might Respond To Climate Change
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.