Welcome to the blog, tell me what you would like to see on it.
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work valentines day video
- Senescent cells, atherosclerosis progression appear to be linked
- Vitamin d supplements for pregnant women should be customised to the individual to ensure benefits are felt
- Male birth control shots prevent pregnancy
- Climate change means major ecosystem shifts for the Mediterranean Basin
- Genome sequencing reveals ancient interbreeding between chimpanzees and bonobos
- Cause of phantom limb pain in amputees, and potential treatment, identified
- Metamaterial device allows chameleon-like behavior in the infrared
- Precise quantum cloning: Possible pathway to secure communication
- Will pedestrians walk freely in a world of self-driving cars?
- The buzz about edible bugs: Can they replace beef?
- On College Campuses, Signs of Progress on Renewable Energy
- At Least 74,000 Americans Live Near Oil and Gas Wells on Public Lands
- Photo Essay: How Pollution Is Devastating an Indonesian Lake
- The Methane Riddle: What Is Causing the Rise in Emissions?
- Pope Francis’ Call for Climate Action Fails to Sway Many Americans
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- You should totally watch this entire day of the IJE conference
- An audio interview with The Conversation, on smashing the walls of the Ivory Tower
- Sarepta: anecdote, data, surrogate outcomes, and the FDA
- The Cancer Drugs Fund is producing dangerous, bad data: randomise everyone, everywhere!
- <a href="/story/global-health-check">Global Health Check</a>
- <a href="/story/going-viral-epidemics-infections-influenza-outbreaks">Going viral</a>
- <a href="/story/bacterial-vaginosis">The superhero in your vagina</a>
- <a href="/story/intersex-DSDs">Intersex: seeking the beauty in difference</a>
- <a href="/story/bushmeat-UK">Will illegal bushmeat bring the next global outbreak?</a>
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Why Do Spacecraft Like ESA's Schiaperelli Crash On Mars So Easily?
- Why Do Spacecraft Crash On Mars So Often?
- Early Pancreatic Cancer Detection Using Blood Biomarkers
- How Men Are Fixing The Workplace Equality Gap
- Was Euclid A Black Woman? Sorting Through The False History And Bad Philosophy Of Mathematics
- 6 Ways Pop-Up Video Created a Classic—and Shaped the Internet
- You’ll Miss the Escape Key Even Less Than Your Headphone Jack
- As Standing Rock Protesters Face Down Armored Trucks, the World Watches on Facebook
- Everything Apple Announced Today, From Macs to Apps
- Hands On: The New MacBook Pro Is a Whole New Kind of Laptop
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.