All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- NASA'S OSIRIS-REx spacecraft slingshots past Earth
- Mechanism that underlies age-associated bone loss
- Two Group A Streptococcus genes linked to 'flesh-eating' bacterial infections
- Enhancing the sensing capabilities of diamonds with quantum properties
- 700 years old saint myth has been proven (almost) true
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- You should totally watch this entire day of the IJE conference
- Precision Medicine and Aging Have This in Common - Facts So Romantic
- The Perils of Letting Machines into the Hive Mind - Issue 52: The Hive
- Loyalty Nearly Killed My Beehive - Issue 52: The Hive
- Manhattan’s God of Insects - Issue 52: The Hive
- Modern Media Is a DoS Attack on Your Free Will - Issue 52: The Hive
- <a href="/story/contraception-abortion-pregnancy-womens-rights-US-India">Abortion, contraception, pregnancy: how women’s bodies became a battlezone</a>
- <a href="/story/skin-lightening-whitening-India">Skin lightening: the dangerous obsession that’s worth billions</a>
- <a href="/story/sex-workers-hiv-Africa-Mozambique">The sex workers who are stopping HIV</a>
- <a href="/story/zero-suicide-mental-health">How to get to a world without suicide</a>
- <a href="/story/uncertain-future-genetic-testing">The uncertain future of genetic testing</a>
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Now That The World Hasn't Ended - Let's Petition YouTube And Journalists To Do Something About These Suicide Inducing Stories!
- World Won't End Tomorrow 23rd September - Don't Kill Yourself Over This BS- Advice To Help Those Anxious, Scared And Suicidal
- Both Liberals, Conservatives Engage In Motivated Reasoning To Interpret Science
- Most Americans Get Science News From Corporate Media - And That's Bad
- Whatever Happened To Lyndon LaRouche?
- The Blockbuster Showdown At Tomorrow's Berlin Marathon
- Clever Machines Learn How to Be Curious (And Play Super Mario Bros.)
- What's So Great About Kids Fighting Monsters?
- Hackers Break Into the SEC, DHS Tells 21 States Russian Hackers Targeted Them, and More Security News This Week
- Space Photos of the Week: Spiral Galaxy's Secretly a Giant Gasbag
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.