Welcome to the blog, tell me what you would like to see on it.
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work valentines day video
- Youngest students in class 30% more likely to die in suicide than older classmates, Japanese study shows
- Clues on how giraffe neck evolved
- High-arctic butterflies shrink with rising temperatures
- Chimpanzees shed light on origins of human walking
- Ancient rocks record first evidence for photosynthesis that made oxygen
- Extremely active rats become lazy when they artificially receive 'runners' high'
- Understanding others' thoughts enables young kids to lie
- Hog-nose rat discovered
- Back to the future: Science fiction turns science fact
- New fossils intensify mystery of short-lived, toothy mammal found in ancient North Pacific
- Styrofoam Could Be Biodegradable After All, Thanks to Mealworms, Study Finds
- How China and U.S. Became Unlikely Partners on Climate
- Icelandic Seafood Giant Appears to be Involved in Controversial Endangered Whale Hunt
- Brown Carbon Plays Larger Role in Climate Than Assumed, Study Says
- International Space Station Provides a Glimpse of China's Aquaculture Sector
- So this company Cyagen is paying authors for citations in academic papers.
- Fixing flaws in science must be professionalised. By me in the Journal of Clinical Epidemiology.
- New BMJ editorial: “How Medicine is Broken, and How We Can Fix It”
- Two interviews on withheld trials, NPR and ABC
- WHO announcement on withheld clinical trials, and my commentary in PLoS Medicine
- What to Do When Your Girlfriend Is 70 Times Bigger Than You - Facts So Romantic
- The Author of "The Martian" Explains How the Book Behind the Movie Came About - Facts So Romantic
- Why Science Needs Metaphysics - Issue 29: Scaling
- The Trouble with Theories of Everything - Issue 29: Scaling
- When Evolution Is Infectious - Issue 29: Scaling
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Farms versus birds: winners & losers - in pictures | @GrrlScientist
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.