All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Annotation tool provides step toward understanding links between disease, mutant RNA
- No evidence of natural gas from fracking in found Ohio drinking water
- Researchers operate lab-grown heart cells by remote control
- Researchers discover how body temperature wrecks potential dengue, Zika vaccine
- Diamond 'spin-off' tech could lead to low-cost medical imaging and drug discovery tools
- E. coli tailored to convert plants into renewable chemicals
- Can a quantum drum vibrate and stand still at the same time?
- Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house -- Even a mite doesn't fit through the door!
- 3D-printed smart gel that walks underwater, moves objects
- Researchers mimic comet moth's silk fibers to make 'air-conditioned' fabric
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Are Healthcare Metrics Hurting Healthcare? - Facts So Romantic
- My Own Personal Nothingness - Issue 60: Searches
- How NASA’s Mission to Pluto Was Nearly Lost - Issue 60: Searches
- The Popular Creation Story of Astronomy Is Wrong - Issue 60: Searches
- 5 Things That Sound, Move, or Smell Like a Nuclear Explosion - Facts So Romantic
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- John Kelly's Comments on Immigration Top This Week's Internet News
- The US Needs an Artificial Intelligence Strategy—Just Like France, China, and the EU
- Best Nintendo Switch Deals and Console Bundles (2018)
- You Can Send Invisible Messages With Subtle Font Tweaks
- A New World’s Extraordinary Orbit Points to Planet Nine
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.