All about engaging students in Science., especially Bio!
Most Popular Blog Postsadaptations animals assessment biology cancer cells chemistry christmas chromatography dissection DNA double helix club drama ecology energy ethics fire food health and social education heart IB IB Learner Profile igcse illusions interesting news model making nervous system nuclear one world physics podcasts radiation reactions reactivity referencing reproduction rocket role play S1 S4 senses solar system song space student work video
- Evidence to House of Commons Sci Tech Select Committee on Research Integrity
- How do the world’s biggest drug companies compare, in their transparency commitments?
- Meaningful Transparency Commitments: the WHO Joint Statement from Trial Funders
- How many epidemiologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
- “Transparency, Beyond Publication Bias”. A video of my super-speedy talk at IJE.
- Evolving toxins makes frogs more likely to go extinct | @GrrlScientist
- What happened to wildlife when Chernobyl drove humans out? It thrived | @GrrlScientist
- Hummingbirds nest near hawks for protection | @GrrlScientist
- Predictable evolution: bad news for toads, good news for their predators | @GrrlScientist
- Birds in love produce more babies, study shows | @GrrlScientist
- Should your kitchen have a recirculating or a direct-exhaust hood? I am exhausted just thinking about it
- Photographer's dramatic images illuminate the soul of the world
- The 3 layers of housecleaning
- Starbucks promises, yet again, to make a recyclable coffee cup
- On World Wood Day, a look at Germany's tallest timber tower
- Why Content Farms Succeed: How-To Articles Beat Posts About Scientific Developments
- More People Can Afford Meat Now, And Hepatologists Claim That Is Causing Liver Disease
- No Need To Fear Universe Ending In ‘Collision With Bubble Of Nothingness’(False Vacuum Collapse Of Higgs Boson)
- Over 65 Essential Oils Are Endocrine Disruptors
- Journalists Continue To Hope, But There Is No Beecopalypse Or Colony Collapse Disorder
- The "Yelp Effect" of Patient Surveys Is Making Us Sick
- See the Bike Cyclist Lael Wilcox Uses to Ride 20,000 Miles a Year
- As Pedestrian Deaths Spike, Scientists Scramble for Answers
- Robot Microscopes Demystify Plankton, the Sea's Most Vital Residents
- Shatter, Batter, Wax: How Cannabis Extracts Come to Be
Mr Gaynor’s Library- see me at school to borrow any of these books
Who’s visiting us?
Use Google Translate to look up any science words you don’t know.